Grain Store Harvest Assistant
The role is temporary, based in Eltisley and the surrounding land farmed by G. W. Topham & Son. The role will last as long as it takes to complete the summer 2021 arable harvest, along with filling the grain stores (100,000 tonnes across 16 stores, and two sites) for our commercial customers. Working hours will be typical for an arable farm during the busy harvest period. There will be long working days (well into the evening) and 7 days a week working may be necessary as work and weather dictates.
- Daily maintenance checks on equipment used
- Loading and unloading of bulk tipper lorries, a variety of products, using a variety of machinery
- Blowing down grain stores and tidying the yard
- Following all company H&S guidelines
Skills and qualifications:
- Full clean driving licence.
- Good experience of safety operating farm machinery, in particular telescopic forklifts (JCB-550)
- To work in accordance with our maintenance and health & safety procedures
- Current Forklift certification and previous harvest experience preferable
- Excellent accommodation (2019 barn conversion – nominal weekly charge)
- Excellent rate of pay with O/T
- Dedicated full-time employees to work with in a hardworking safe and friendly environment
- PPE and full instruction on machines
Start date: Early/Mid July
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.